Design your own Trail!
Because you know what you want and because we are associated with enough organizations and people to make it possible - we can design a hiking trail perfectly suited to meet your needs - catering to your fitness levels in areas that are of particular interest to you.
Our hikes take us into the deep Knysna Forest, along our stunning coastline and inland into the mountains and through the spectacular fynbos of our Cape Floristic Kingdom. Our guides include specialist botanists, birders and marine biologists and will share their knowledge with you to ensure your experience is a memorable one.
If you prefer to do your own trail but need a camp with soft beds and someone to cater for you - our Biomimicry camp may be just for you. This camp is an exclusive one of a kind nature experience, inspired by nature and designed to leave only postive footprints. We will fetch you from the airport, arrange all your activites that include guided hikes, kayaks, MTB and Stand up paddleboarding.
If you need to rent camping equipment - tents, sleeping bags, pillows and blankets - we can help - just give our office a call.
This is why is hiking in Plett so special?
- We have five Blue Flag beaches along some of the most spectacular coastline inSouth Africa
- The indigenous forests of Diepwalle and Fishantshoek close to Knysna are world famous
- The biodiversity of our marine life – whales, seals, dolphins - there are several Marine Protected areas along our coastline
- Archaeological sites dating back 120 000 year (Nelsons Cave on the Robberg Peninsula is just one of these sites)
- We have spectacular mountain ranges - the Outeniqua, Tsitsikamma & Langkloof are just a few
- Diverse ecology and birdlife: Enjoy one of South Africa’s most unique soundscapes, home to 50% of SA’s endemics and over 840 bird species, including a number of sought after waders, migrants and pelagics.
- The Garden Route is well known for its eco-tourism and adventure tourism activities
- We have many nature reserves and national protected parks in our landscape
- Did you know, the Plett Wine Route is home to 16 boutique wine estates and is our country's most easterly cultivar
- All our guides are professionally accredited and as a result your experience of the unique floral, marine and historical landscapes of the southern Cape and its hinterland will be unforgettably meaningful.