VENTURE BEYOND & THE PLETT TRAIL: Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS - THE PLETT TRAIL
- LODGE PREFERENCE The lodges selected in the main itinerary are not always used or available. The Plett Trail reserves the right to select any of the accommodation partner options for any particular itinerary or program
- EXEMPTION FROM LIABILITY: Any death, injury or illness sustained or suffered by any person. For theft, loss or damage to any property, whether allegedly due to the negligence of Plett Tourism/Venture Beyond its officers, employees or agents, or arising from the use of any facilities supplied or made available by any of them. Plett Tourism/Venture Beyond does not accept any responsibility for clothing or any items left behind at facilities or any alleged defect in any utensil, equipment, services, vessel or vehicle. From any other conveyance supplied or made available, or from any liquid or food supplied by Venture Beyond
Tourism or agents and used or consumed by any visitor. From any other matter arising, in any other manner and from any other cause whatsoever.
- INDEMNITY FORM – All participants are required to sign the Exemption from Liability form before departure.
- REGISTRATION FORM – All interested parties and enquiries must complete the booking enquiry form and return it to Venture Beyond for processing.
- DEPOSIT – a 25% deposit is required to secure a reservation. Deposits must be made directly into the Venture Beyond Bank account and Proof of Payment returned within five (5) working days.
- FULL PAYMENT - Full payment for the trail must be effected seven (7) days before the departure date.
- EXTRAS – items not covered by the trail cost, include alcoholic beverages, laundry, airport transfers, telephone calls, additional meals and beverages in rooms. All extras must be settled at the lodges, prior to departure.
- CANCELLATION OF CONFIRMED BOOKINGS - Confirmed bookings cancelled 30 days or more in advance of the booked arrival date can be refunded in an amount equal to 75% of the total payment. Venture Beyond shall retain 25% of the full booking value. Confirmed bookings cancelled between 30 and 15 days in advance of the scheduled arrival date can be refunded 50% of the total booking cost. Venture Beyond retains 50% of the full booking value. Confirmed bookings cancelled 15 days or less of the booked arrival dates do not qualify for a refund or credit. All confirmed bookings must be cancelled in writing.
- CHILDREN – Children under 12 years of age are not eligible to participate on the Plett Trail, primarily to the difficult terrain on some sections of the trail.
- EARLY DEPARTURE Should a participant have to depart early from a scheduled trail, no refund will be applicable.
- CHANGE OF ITINERARY – Venture Beyond reserves the right to change/alter/amend any accommodation and/or activity component of the scheduled itinerary.
- SINGLE SUPPLEMENT – Available on request
- MINIMUM TRAIL NUMBER – A minimum of four (4) participants is required for each trail departure. Venture Beyond will endeavour to accommodate smaller groups and individuals into set departures.
- TRAIL SEASON – the Plett Trail is primarily a winter season activity, April through until November. However, special requests for out of season departures will be scheduled if accommodation and guides are available